Advantages of Concrete
There are many reasons to choose concrete as your material of choice when building. We have listed 11. Check them out below!
- Concrete possesses a high compressive strength and is not subjected to corrosive and weathering effects.
- Concrete can be easily handled and moulded into any shape.
- Concrete can be sprayed in and filled into fine cracks for repairs by via the Gunting process.
- In Reinforced Cement Concrete(R.C.C), concrete and steel form a solid combination because the coefficients of expansion of concrete and steel are nearly equal.
- Construction of all types of structures is possible by reinforcing the concrete with steel. Even earthquake-resistant structures can be constructed.
- Cinder concrete can be used as a sound proofing material.
- Where strength is not a main requirement, concrete's fire-resistant, good insulation and light weight properties are major considerations. light weight concrete is advantageous.
- concrete can be pumped and hence it can be laid in difficult positions. e.g
- Form work can be used a number of times for similar jobs which result in economy.
- When compared to other building materials concrete is more economical in the long run.
- Frequent repairs are not needed for concrete structures Concrete gains strength with age.
Source: Construction engineering Blog. http://cescientist.com